Our back garden

Our back garden
The pond

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tasmania- I love it

My dad came from Tasmania,he lived in a small tin mining town originally called "Bradshaw's Creek," and then it was strangely changed to the name "Pioneer" for some unknown reason in the 1950's.Pioneer is in the north east of Tasmania. Apparently it is now a virtual ghost town inhabited by alternative people??? The mind boggles!!!I had always wanted to see where my dad grew up and finally I had the chance. In January this year we decided we had to see Tasmania.It is only an hour an a half flight from Sydney but it is so, so different. We arrived in Hobart, the capital and had to walk down stairs from the plane.It was like walking back in time 20 years. We left 40 degree C temperatures in Sydney and met 20 degree C temperatures in Hobart.What a beautiful untouched City. I have never seen anything so beautiful. Buildings sloping down to a wonderful harbour.The sun not setting until 9:30 p:m at night. It is so close to the south pole.More to come

1 comment: