Our back garden

Our back garden
The pond

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Frankie- My furry friend

Now what would life be like without an animal to share it with? I wouldn't know. In my life I have had cats, birds, fish, tortoise and dogs.
I just love animals, especially dogs. Frankie is our third, furry friend of the canine persuasion. His predesessors were Abby, the tri coloured Collie rough (like Lassie but cuter and such a sweetie) and Mickey the basenji cross- (a wild man but had his good points, he didn't bark and he loved a cuddle.)Sadly Abby and Mickey are now in that bone hunting field in the sky.
Now we have Frankie a maltese cross something,. Not sure what that something is but pretty sure there is chihuahua somewhere there. Frankie is handbag size and I've often been tempted to stick him into mine and take him to the shops. I nearly smuggled him into my online baggage on my recent trip to Tasmania. Now no one would notice him in the overhead locker would they?
Frankie is a very smart cookie. He has a reportaire of tricks- shake,high five,beg,roll over, stay, play dead and kiss but of course there's a catch. He won't perform unless he has a Schmacko's. I don't know what they put in those things but I think it is equivalent to human drugs. Mmmmmm!He'd do anything for them.
Frankie also gets dressed up a fair bit. He's not too happy about it but whats a dog to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment